Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Magic Hobos

Why is it that hobos always have two things:

1) Cardboard
2) Really good magic markers.

I was looking in my house the other day for a magic marker and I couldn't find one to save my life. I buy bazillions of these things, but they're always missing.

Yet the guy with the "No food 3 days" sign has it written in thick, dark black ink -- all the signs of having access to a new high quality magic marker. Where did he get that marker if he couldn't afford food for three days? Maybe that marker was an investment, but I think something more sinister is happening.

At first I wondered if all the homeless guys get together and go in on a Costco pack of markers to save money. That's what I thought I would I'd do if I were homeless. Then I realized, I'd probably just come steal all you your magic markers, because chances are you bought a Costco pack of them at some point too.

And that's when I realized hobos have been stealing my markers, and probably yours too! So, the next time you see a hobo, instead of giving him money or a sandwich, tackle him and yell, "Give me back my marker, you thieving hobo!" At first he'll think you're trying to steal from him, but in the end he'll just give you the marker because he knows he stole it too.

1 comment: