Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Stuffy Head, Let Me Sleep When I Want Medicine

I had a cold, and so I bought some Nyquil. And some Dayquil.

First, let me tell you, I LOVE NyQuil. It's the closest I come to drinking, and man, I sip that little cup of cherry goodness for as long as possible.

But it has one downside: It makes you very sleepy. So sleepy, that one starts to wonder around the house muttering, "sweepy time for Naphan." Which, is pretty awesome when you've got a cold.

However, let's say you've got somewhere to be in the morning. NyQuil is the Stuffy nose, Stuffy head, make you sleep for 16 hours straight medicine.

DayQuil, however, has much the opposite affect (unless mixed with NyQuil, which is a whole different discussion.) That crap keeps me up.

So I ask you rhetorically, (unless you work for Vicks Pharmaceuticals, then I ask you specifically) Why do they have to make DayQuil and NyQuil? Why not SleepWheneverYouDamnWellPleaseQuil? Why must my Quil be related to my sleeping habits? I want medicine for my cold not my sleeping disorders.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere, Nathan. The water is warm. :)

    ReplyDelete