Friday, May 7, 2010

A letter to My Public School Science Teachers

Dear Public School Science Teachers,

You told me that lift on an airplane wing was caused by air going faster over the top of an airfoil than it does on the bottom because of it's shape.

Please stop lying.

Please read this: NASA explains lift

Which reminds me: I remember an elementary school teacher telling me that a cloud, "sucked up water from the ocean and poured it out on land."

Not cool. Neither clouds nor my vacuum suck.

Love,

Nate

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to say that I have never told a student that the clouds suck up water from the ocean and pour it out on the ground, however, this explanation of airplanes still doesn't make me feel better about flying. I still hate it sometimes and have a difficult time believing it's a good idea to get on the plane =).

    ReplyDelete